TURTLE

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
m...
In article , "TURTLE"
wrote:

Still you rant but a home owner can do as he pleases and do no illegal wrong.
It's just again the code or code violation.

There is illegal and then there is a code violation. Two different horse you
can
concider.

Turtle, you don't seem to understand. In any jurisdiction that has adopted the
NEC, the Code *is* the law, and a violation of the Code *is* a violation of
the law. You're trying to make a distinction that doesn't exist, except in
those jurisdictions that haven't adopted the Code (or a substitute).

This is Turtle.

There could be section of the country or citys that have a jail term for a home
owner wiring his lights in his bed room the wrong way but in the state of
Louisiana there is no jail time stated for wiring your own home wrong. He can
wire it anyway he wants it. I have never heard of or know of any home owner ever
spent a day in jail for wiring his own house like he wanted it. If you had a
jail term for screwing up your own house. Half the population of the U.S. would
be in jail. You can't tell a home owner how he is to wire his house unless he is
using a contractor or electrician to do the work.

Here is one for you. Call up the city inspector of your city and tell him that
your neighbor wired his bed room lites wrong and not to code. Then tell the
inspector to go do something about it. He will say well who was the electrician
or contractor on that job and you say the owner of the house did it. the
inspector will tell you awwwww I'll try and talk to him and get him to correct
it , but if he throws me out. I can't do anything about it. Try this for real
and see what happens.

Here is another one for you. Did you know that a home owner can work on his
freon hvac system all he wants and the E.P.A. can't say a word to him. He can be
using freon 22 to blow his drive way off and you can't charge him with nothing
at all. Now you may talk him into stop blowing the freon in the air if you can
talk him out of it. Only E.P.A. licenced professionals or companys can go to
jail for violations. Now without licence you can go to jail if your out working
on for hire jobs and he don't own the house or property. He has to be working on
somebody elses property to go to jail.

Check up on what a home owner can do and get back with me.

TURTLE

Now if a electrician for hire wired it wrong or not to code. They will burnt him
at the stake.