Jud McCranie

On 9 Nov 2004 18:49:28 -0800, (Harry K) wrote:

1. A standard setting on/off is 20psi difference. 20/40 (not
common), 30/50 (very common), 40/60 which you have and is also common.
60 psi is generally regarded as the maximum recommended pressure for
residences as higher pressures causes undue wear and tear on fixturs.

Things seem to be working OK, except that the pressure for the shower
is very low - even though the gauge goes from 42 to 56/57 PSI.

2. I don't understand why you could only get 11 psi in the empty
tank.

Basically because I gave up! It took me 10 minutes to get to 11 PSI
(with the tank essentially empty), and the going was getting slower.
Since the bladder is gone and there is no valve between the tank and
the pump, I assume that I was having to pressurize a fairly big
volume.

With water in the tank, the air pressure is 46 PSI. I suppose it
should be higher, right?

3. The guage reading you are getting are within the tolerances of
whatever you are using. Best to use only one guage and adjust
everything with it.

Well, one gauge is in the water line and the other is my tire pressure
gauge, so there is no easy way for me to do that.

---
Replace you know what by j to email