Bob Cooper

The rodent problem is the main reason we've adopted a couple of crazy
half wild cats as pets. In the last 2 weeks they've bagged three rats
that we know of. They help with gophers and mice too. Around here
they don't over populate - coyotes, red tailed hawks get them first.
Cats are hard on Quail which I see in other parts of town but not in
our neighborhood.

Before that we mainly used traps with peanut butter bait. Those glue
trays are good for mice but a rat will often get away - even if he
looses a leg in the process!

Every year when the weather turns cold, the critters start thinking
about winter quarters. One time we found they were getting into the
attic thru the garage by jumping up to the furnace and climing up the
fiber glass insulation then squeezing between the inch opening around
the plenum where it entered the attic. Got most of them by placing
the traps where they needed to pass before they could get to the
insulation.

Hope this helps,
Bob