Jud McCranie

On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 18:40:39 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

That depends. When you open a faucet, does the pressure drop to 42 psi,
causing the pump to kick on? Or is 44 psi as low as it gets?

I should have been clearer. I'm using the inline gauge for the water
pressure and a tire gauge for the air pressure. They may be a little
off.

When the tank was empty (or almost), I closed all of the valves.
There is one between the tank and the house but not between the tank
and the pump. I put my tire pump on it and got it up to 11 PSI. Then
I turned on the pump. Then the air pressure of the air at the top was
44 PSI. The pump cuts on when the water pressure gets down to 42 PSI
and cuts off at 57-58 PSI.

Since then, I've looked at the air pressure as the water is used until
the pump cuts on. The air pressure was 46PSI (was 44 before) and
dropped to 41-42, while the water pressure dropped to 42 PSI and the
pump cut on.

---
Replace you know what by j to email