Doug Miller

In article , Jud McCranie wrote:
On 9 Nov 2004 05:55:40 -0800, (Harry K) wrote:

1. You have a bladder tank as shown by the 'tire valve' on the top.
The bladder has burst thus loosing your air bubble.

The tank is a Stay-rite Con-Aire "controlled air water tank" (I
couldn't get the model number), so I'm assuming that it means that it
is a bladder type.

Sure sounds like it.

I did all of the steps you said, except pump up the air. (I do have a
tire pump so I could do it, I just didn't know to last night.) Now it
is working like it was a few days ago, so the immediate problem is
solved. However, we bought this house 2+ years ago, so it may have
already had the problem. We always thought the water pressure was
low.

Since it has a burst bubble, this problem will happen again, if we
don't replace it, right?

Yes, it will.

When you install the new tank, put a tire pressure gauge on the air fitting to
measure the precharge pressure. Then let air out, or pump more in, as needed,
to adjust the pressure to about 2 psi below the cut-on pressure setting on
your pump control.