TURTLE

"HA HA Budys Here" wrote in message
From: "TURTLE"

Snipping Bull !

Your again confussing a illegal act WITH a insurance company and the home
owner
defending off a law suite filed by the tenant's Family . It was not a
Criminal
trial but a law suite to collect money for damages. The Home owner never
spent a
day in jail but spent court time defending hiself.

If a electrician did it he would come under criminal charges. He is suppose
know better.

TURTLE

Snipping bull?
You mean, this "bull?"

"90-2. Scope
(a) Covered. This Code covers the following.
1. Installations of electric conductors and equipment within or on

public and private buildings or other structures, including mobile homes,
recreational vehicles, and floating buildings; and other premises such as
yards, carnival, parking, and other lots, and industrial substations."

You see Turtle, the code, adopted by the AHJ is the LAW. It does not apply to
homeowners or contractors or licensed electricians or handymen. If it did,
each
article would be followed by a fine/imprisonment schedule.

It applies to "the installation."

In the example I cited, there was no criminal trial because there was no
intent
to harm anyone or harm property. I have to imagine that even if a licensed
contractor made the installation, and the inspector missed the violation,
there
would still be no criminal prosecution.

But to tell the OP ot's OK to install a violation because you cannot imagine
how doing so could cause any harm to anyone, is just plain wrong, bad, jackleg
advice.

When you're willing to "let this one go" where does it stop?

Can we feed a bank of 4 switches, each feeding a row of 4 150 watt recessed
cans, with #12 awg. on a 20a circuit, but run each switched leg out with 14/2,
because there's no way any of the switched legs could possibly draw more than
15 amps?

Or how about, we feed the 1st countertop outlet with #12, and then use #14 to
that one lone outlet in the pantry because, heck... whose gonna do any cooking
in a pantry?

This is Turtle.

Still you rant but a home owner can do as he pleases and do no illegal wrong.
It's just again the code or code violation.

There is illegal and then there is a code violation. Two different horse you can
concider.

TURTLE