HA HA Budys Here

In misc.industry.utilities.electric Chris Lewis
wrote:

| One rule for my house: all light switches MUST be UP for ON, and DOWN
| for OFF, if the switch is vertical. That rules out 3-way and 4-way
| circuits except for horizontal orientation or push to toggle switches.
|
| I always wire my switches that way, but that goes by the wayside when
| a 3-way or 4-way is required.
|
| Given that both NEC and CEC require 3-way switching in some cases, you're
| a bit stuck ;-)

What cases? I don't see any cases. I see 3 references to 3-way switches
and they involve cable conductor colors and permit use in disconnecting a
feed to a garage or outbuilding.

I will not allow 3-way switches in my house. IMHO, they create confusion
and even represent a hazard I have experienced in two occaisions.

Odd, as millions of homeowners don't seem to have any issues with them.