rednelb

Buy a 18v Bosch.

"Zeb Kagloonpop" wrote in message
om...
Whilst shopping for a cordless drill/driver I was impressed with how
small the cordless impact drivers were and yet deliever about twice
the torque of the larger cordless drill/drivers.

Can impact drivers drill alright? A few on the web talk as if it's
morally wrong to drill with an impact driver, but never cite the
chapter and verse.

Makita makes adapters going from 1/4" hex shank to keyless 3/8 chuck,
so if you want to use your normal round shank drill bits, you can.

I know an impact driver is noisier. That's OK with me. I know an
impact driver can be slower. That's OK with me. Any other
drawbacks?

I work with wood, concrete and steel, but 90% of the time it's wood.

--zeb