TURTLE

"HA HA Budys Here" wrote in message
From: "deloid"

I am planning to have an isolated ceiling fan switch as an end run of a 20
amp circuit.

I ran 14-2 wire from the fan...to the new switch...to the receptacle that
was 15 amp. As I was preparing to tie this all together I noticed that the
receptacle was fed by 12-2 wire and...sure enough there is a 20 amp breaker.

Since the fan (no lights) hardly pulls any amperage it seems like I should
be able to run the 14-2 anyway.

Thoughts?

No it's illegal.

This is Turtle.

No Happy, A home owner can do as he pleases if he does it and never sells the
house without disclosing the problem before the sale. If he discloses it on the
sale. he has no problem.

So Happy it's not illegal for a home owner to do it but only to a Electrician it
is illegal. Let me ask you one here. Have you ever seen a home owner in court
because he wired his own house wrong. The NEC is for professional and it is not
for home owners to be made to follow. the Home owner should follow the NEC but
there is no law that says they have to.

Happy your going to have to get out more and check on jobs and codes More.

TURTLE