Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr.

Hi Jamie

I wasn't the original poster. The OP inquired about the Ionic Breeze.
I replied that a number of people posted elsewhere that they were
crap.

Sorry about that, I pulled your name from the top of the first
question I saw ahead of a response.
Every once in awhile, I will get the original Post a couple of days
after I see several responses (threads) applied to it.

But I agree, the Ionic Breeze is a way overpriced piece of JUNK!

It is my limited understanding that ion generator air cleaners (those
not attempting to draw the charged particles through collection plates)
cause the charged particles to precipitate mainly on the walls and
the breathing passages of the occupants -- not to fall onto floors
and furniture. Perhaps you can explain why static-charged hair stands
up, if the charge makes it "HEAVY".

I have used them for years and find that (especially with an asthmatic
step-daughter, that they do make a major difference in the air quality
and dropping the airborne particles out of it.
I have only used one that worked like the Ionic Breeze and it was
useless. All the rest I have used did have filters and fans and the
one in my step-daughters room had HEPA filtration as well as pinpoint
negative ionization. She could breath better in her room than in any
other room of the house, before we got the 5 function whole house
unit.
We never had problems with dust on the walls, but when first placed in
use, dust is on everything, very heavily for a few weeks. Which means
it must not be in the air any more.

If I understand Static Electricity correctly, it is Positive Charged
not Negative. Else you wouldn't get shocked by touching something
grounded. When you rub a sweater or shuffle your feet across a wool
rug and touch a metal object, you feel a shock when you discharge
yourself of the positive charge.

TTUL
Gary