Charles Spitzer

"John W. Wells" wrote in message
On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 14:16:38 -0600, "John"
wrote:

Hello group,
Building a new house and several things had to be redone. The most
important was the vent hood over the cooktop which is a brand new Dacor.
The people who were working on the vent scratched the front edge of the
Dacor. They are very fine scratches, much like the scratches that make
up
the pattern in the stainless. It appears to me that if one was to use a
light abrasive you could correct the scratches back to original. The
builder said "Barkeepers Friend" should fix it right up.

So, when is your builder coming out to fix it right up? Seems like
it's the contractor's responsibility to correct or replace what his
people screw up.

Again these are not
gouges, but fine rubbing scratches so it looks like an easy fix but wanted
to check. Thanks! John

I've been using "Friend" for a short time on our stainless kitchen
sink. It must contain some sort of fine abrasive because it removes
(with some effort) hard water residue. And it seems to leave some
sort of wax on the surface which creates a temporary shine and helps
prevent further residue--for a short while.

And if that's the "most important" fault you've got, count yourself as
very fortunate!

--John W. Wells

bartenders friend is oxalic acid crystals. it acts as a buffing compound
because of the crystalline shape, but isn't really. it will dissolve in
water. the acidic water will then dissolve the calcium/mineral deposits.