John

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
Note: This is a new home.

This is a new hood.

This is the responsibility of the builder.

The builder should be replacing the part they damaged. It should not
be the duty of the buyer to fix it.

Personally I think it was unconsciousable for the builder to tell the
owner to try some Mickey Mouse fix.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"John" wrote in message
Hello group,
Building a new house and several things had to be redone. The most
important was the vent hood over the cooktop which is a brand new Dacor.
The people who were working on the vent scratched the front edge of the
Dacor. ...

Hello everyone and thanks for the comments..I agree, the builder should fix
it. But at this point we may end up in court over ****ty masonary work on
the outside.(rocks falling off) We have already put a hold on his 5th and
final draw till he fixes it, but as a result of that he has stopped all work
on the house. The fine scratches on my brand new $1500 Dacor cooktop seem
small in comparison. Now, if they were deep scratches I would be bitching
for replacement but they are very fine and I can probably do better than the
incompetence that has been working over there. I agree it is a kitchen but
damn..let ME put the first scratches on things! :-)
I might try the barkeepers stuff or even the fine steel pad. I am glad this
has the satin finish and not the high gloss polished look some stuff has as
that would be much more difficult.
Thanks again for everyone taking the time to offer your comments!!!
John