I-zheet M'drurz

willshak wrote:

I have a stainless steel top on my range. It gets scratched
pretty often by pots and pans that are dragged over it.It looks
pretty bad when the range hood light is on. Every once in a
while, I use one of those scrubby pads (sponge on one side and a
green woven scrubber pad on the other). I just scrub the SS with
the green side in the direction of the SS grain using
Bartender's Friend. It gets all but the deepest scratches out.

I moonlight at a marina/restaurant that is as busy as it gets
during all but the deepest of fall and winter. As you might
guess, just about every work surface is Stainless. Needless to
say, it's all scratched to some degree. We wipe it with wet
rags, but if something needs scrubbed/dislodged, we use a steel
scrubber. Not to be confused with a Brillo/SOS Pad which will
deteriorate as used, these don't break down, and they're not
all that abrasive. The only thing that scares me about these
cleansers is that they're basically a "rubbing compound" like
you would use to rub a scratch out of car paint, they're designed
to work by taking off some of the surface. I guess for occasional
home use that would be fine, but I wouldn't be going through a
can a month unless you're prepared to see some serious erosion
of the surface.

--
The real Tom Pendergast [ So if you meet me, have some courtesy,
aka I-zheet M'drurz [ have some sympathy, and some taste.