Jane

Replacing it with a programmable thermostat of your choice is easy and not
that expensive. What would really concern me is what else wasn't done
according to the contract?

"Lynn O'Day" wrote in message
Lynn O'Day wrote:

I had requested a Honeywell (or American Standard branded equivalent)
Two stage / 7 day programmable thermostat for my 2 stage furnace.
Instead the professional HVAC company installed a "Braeburn" two stage /
7 day (model 5100). I've never heard of Braeburn and indeed the
trademark office says it has only been used in commerce since 2002,
strangely registered to an individual not a company.

Besides being a pain to program, are there any disadvantages to having
this thermostat instead of the Honeywell? I'm a bit disappointed but
really can't hold their feet to the fire since the contract didn't
explicitly say "Honeywell." I really liked my Honeywell 3500, but that
is only 1 stage 'stat. Thanks!

PS. This was for a new furnace installation, so the thermostat was a
pretty
small piece of the job.