strider

(Charles H. Buchholtz) wrote in message ...
asd ) wrote:
: Does the Roomba work well?

What price technology ?
I've a Roomba Red, the stripped down model w/o it's own charger etc.
This morning I "roomba d" the kitchen, hall and computer room. It
took over half an hour and did a pretty good job. My time was:
1 minute - unplug and start it
1 minute - get it out of a bind
1 minute - turn it off, empty it, and plug it in.
Every so often (10 uses?) it will probably take 10 minutes more to
thouroughly clean it.
Compare this to the other five or 6 vacuums my wife has bought. Not
one of them works by themselves.
What with getting them out, running the cord, putting them up they
never get used.
This is pretty much set it and forget it. Add in the base charger,
some hacking to have it run itself, and I can probably shave another
minute or so off the chore.