Phil Addison

Default Combi boiler - Hot water 'heat dump' too hot

In a private e-mail to , on Thurs, 18 Nov 2004
20:43:28 -0000, Tania wrote:

HELLO

I have recently had a combi boiler put in, and whenever the hot tap is put
on there is a really hot burst of water (too painful to use). It then goes
cold for a while, then heats up to the temerature I set on the boiler
thermostat. I have two very young children and worry about them turning on
the hot tap in the loo or bathroom. Has anyone else found a solution to
this. I asked the engineer who came out to sort out a lighting problem
today, and he said 'other people don't moan about it' which left me feeling
fed up and no wiser. He did explain to me how it happens several times,
each more slowly than the last, he was a very rude man! he had no will to
try and reassure me, but when pushed did say it would be 64 degrees
maximum - so not scalding. Any ideas will be gratefully received.

Regards

Tania

Water temperature fluctuations seems a common problem with combis in
houses I have visited. Can anyone help with a solution to this problem
that I received via email from the FAQ website?

Thanks

Phil
The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/
Remove NOSPAM from address to email me