MBQ

"G&M" wrote in message ...
"Andy Hall" wrote in message
This changes the view . as their claim would not be allowed by

Advertising
standard Authority unless it could be substantiated, has the position

moved
and that CORGI's claim is now the legal position.

It will remain that way until challenged - i.e. peoples' perception

will
be that their assertion is correct as any retraction would, to be

sure,
reach many less people than their original claim.

It's not the first time it's occurred, is it

I complained to the BBC about false reporting on the same subject a
couple of years ago, and, listen to this, "You should only buy parts
from CORGI registered merchants". I gave up in the end.

The Sunday Times keeps saying that with the new Part P only a NEICC (or
whatever it is) electrician can do any work on your system. I've

e-mailed
them umpteen times but they don't seem to listen.

I expect that NICEIC told them that.

It isn't true. Take a look on the ODPM web site and all the info is
there.

I know. But 2.5 million ST readers probably don't read uk.diy so somebody
is going to be raking it in for a while

So now you know not to believe them (or at least take a large dose of
csepticism) when they say we're all going to die from global warming,
passive smoking, MMR, salt or myriad other scares...

MBQ