Set Square

Pete C wrote:

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 08:18:02 +0000, Glenn Proctor
wrote:

Folks

Thanks for the advice so far.

To clarify: the shower does not do any heating of the water itself.
It just mixes the existing hot & cold water supplies. The only
controls are a thermostatic dial and an Off-On-Boost flow control
knob. It's an Aqualisa, I think the Aquastream, as pictured &
described he

http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/191-2416

The water feeds are into the rear of the unit so I'm not sure if I
can do anything about adjusting the water pressure without
dismantling the whole thing.

Glenn.

Hi,

Sounds like the mains cold water is at too high a pressure compared to
the tanked hot water. Closing the stopcock some may mitigate this but
the best way to go if it is this problem is a pressure reducing valve.

cheers,
Pete.

I hope not! This unit is designed for stored water systems only - and needs
to get its cold feed from the header tank, *not* from the mains. I presume
that it *is* correctly plumbed?

If hot water isn't getting through properly, there could possibly be a
partial blockage in the pipe. If this is the case, you may be able to clear
it by disconnecting the hot supply at the unit, and back-flushing it with
mains water.

Alternatively, there may be some adjustments inside the unit which limit how
far the mixing valve can move in the hot direction. [It needs to move more
in winter than in summer anyway, because the cold supply is colder]. Have
you got an installation manual? If not, it would be worth contacting
Aqualisa, who will probably send one to you. [As far as I can see, there
isn't a downloadable version on their website].
--
Cheers,
Set Square