:::Jerry::::

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article ,
":::Jerry::::" writes:

"Bert Coules" wrote in message
Would a conduit box be smaller than a standard single-socket surface

plate?
Anyway, I'll investigate - thanks for the thought.

I gave you the size a few messages ago !

Conduit circular box is 50mm (2 inch).

That's the mounting hole distance.
Box itself is nearer 2.5", and accessories upto 3", which isn't
much less than a regular square faceplate.

In the context of the problem I still suspect that it will fit into the
limited space available. As for accessories up to 3", there wouldn't be any
other than a lid (which is the same dia as the box) as the box will only be
used as means of protecting the joint between two cables IYSWIM.