xena

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 10:44:50 -0000, "Set Square"
strung together this:

You or somebody said that this stat contains a relay. I have a hunch or
theory - which may be rubbish - but may be worth checking out.

Sounds a good one to me.
Looking at the wiring it seems that the g\y is an earth, and that the
brown and blue are a live feed and switch wire. To be somewhere near
being within the regs I'd get a programmable stat which will be
battery operated with volt free contacts. Then you can connect the
blue and brown across these contacts.
The only other alternative is bodging it together by using the g\y as
a neutral instead of an earth.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd

Cheers SJW. I don't mind doing this at all, if I can be sure that the g/y
*is* an earth. What I didn't want to do was spend out on a new thermostat
if all the wires were already there, albeit the wrong colour.