Stuart

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 22:48:48 GMT, "BigWallop"
wrote:

"Glenn Proctor" wrote in message
Hi

We've got an electric shower. It's made by Aqualisa, and (I'm not sure of

the
correct term here) it just pumps the water - it doesn't do any heating.

There's
a temperature control knob on the front as well as one for adjusting the

flow.

It's about 3 years old and has always been fine, however over the last few
months we've noticed it's not quite as hot as it used to be. Even on the

maximum
temerature setting, it's not as hot as the water coming out of the taps.

I've
confirmed this using a thermometer.

Any suggestions? I'm aware that electric showers have temperature limiters

in
them, but that wouldn't explain why it used to be OK, but isn't now.

We've had some plumbing done elsewhere in the house, so the mains

stopcock's
been off and on a few times. The only thing I can think of is that the

cold
water pressure coming into the shower is too high, and there's not enough

hot
water for it to "keep up" - could this be the reason?

Thanks in advance

Glenn.

Try turning the cold supply down a bit to the shower. You should have
isolator valves at the pump. Choose the pipes that feed to the pump and not
the one from the pump to the shower. The isolator valves are usually like
straight connectors with a slot right in the middle to fit a screw driver
in, but some systems have proper stopcock taps on them to make servicing the
pump easier.

Turning the cold supply down a bit should increase the hot flow and so raise
the temperature again.

This is the first thing I'd check in this weather. It's getting colder
outside, and water being supplied to the house is also getting colder. With
these changes in the supply temperature of the water, then things in the
house can, and normally do, change their characteristics.

I thought he said it was an ELECTRIC shower he has the problem with .??
Stuart

--

"YESTERDAY is history,TOMORROW is a mystery,TODAY is a gift

That is why it is called the present "