xena

"TW" wrote in message

"xena" wrote in message

"Set Square" wrote in message
xena wrote:

Does that mean that the heating doesn't work either - or has the stat
been
by-passed in some way?

The heating does actually work. As long as the face plate of the
thermostat is on, the heating works. If it's taken off, then it
doesn't.
I don't know why that's the case! The only thing I can think of is that
maybe one of the wires is a "satisfied" wire rather than "call to heat"
hence why it always thinks the heating should be on?

The RTS1 is an electronic stat and requires a neutral to work. I'm not
sure whether the relay is actually normally closed so if the neutral is
not there, it never switches off.

I've found a PDF of the RTS1 here with a diagram that shows that it is
normally open.
http://www.climate-eu.invensys.com/U...hermostats.pdf

Cheers
xena