xena

"L Reid" wrote in message
k...
"TW" wrote in message

The RTS1 is an electronic stat and requires a neutral to work. I'm not

sure
whether the relay is actually normally closed so if the neutral is not
there, it never switches off.

I've had a look over my copy of the instructions, and there's an
"important
note" which reads:

"RTS thermostats are ELECTRONIC with a relay output. Unless connected to a
230V mains supply, the relay will not operate, no 'click' will be heard
and
the call for heat contact will remain open"

Can you hear the thermostat 'click' when you turn it?

Yes, as long as the heating is turned on, it does click.