xena

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
xena wrote:

Hi Dave
Thanks for your reply.

You've got a couple of options.

Do the job properly, and replace the cable with a Triple and Earth. The
earth is probably not needed, but you do need three properly insulated and
identified wires for this type of stat to operate correctly.

This isn't an option, I'm afraid. It would mean too much disturbance and
the house is currently up for sale! Besides, I'm not smart enough to do it
and I can't afford to pay anyone else to do it.

Wire the stat without the accelerator coil. Then you'll only need two
wires. But it won't be as accurate.

Not sure what this is to be honest - is this the neutral connection?

Replace the stat with a programmable one. These are battery operated and
only need two wires. They'll soon save their cost in reduced fuel bills.

Don't mind doing this - please see my other post for more info.

Very grateful thanks )