Andy Hall

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 21:34:24 -0000, ":::Jerry::::"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .

[ re the British tax system ]

The whole setup needs to be dramatically scaled down.

Tax cuts are very popular..... until the service you need is done away
with...

With the exception of services such as defence, emergency services,
judiciary and others of that ilk, there is no need for government
involvement beyond making sure that there is directed funding for
those unable to make their own arrangements to be able to obtain them
- e.g. healthcare and education vouchers.

Beyond that, I see no reason for national or local government to have
an involvement in delivery in areas like healthcare, education and
pretty much everything else.
All of these when government operated do a poor job of customer
service and are poor value for money for the user and the taxpayer who
is funding it.,

In the 21st century we don't need universal state run healthcare
operated on a flawed 1940s model and an educational experiment that
should have ended a generation ago.

I'm completely certain that with the money that I fork over to
national and local government in various forms of tax, that I could
buy a vastly superior set of services to the various state operations
that works well when I want it and still be able to contribute into a
pot for those who are not able to do so to a far more cost effective
extent than today.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl