Mary Fisher

"Owain" wrote in message
"Mary Fisher" wrote
| We'd like to know if there's anything more efficient in fuel use and
| heating than the fan heater though. He won't use a gas heater because
| of wood dust and flammble materials. An electric convector heater
| takes a long time to warm the space.

You can get industrial electric fan heaters for wiring in, that have more
oomph than the 3kW max from a 13A socket. No more/less efficient/expensive
than any other electric heater.

Any electric fan heater except those designed for dusty environment would
be
susceptible to dust build up inside. Better would probably be a
fan-assisted
radiator (unit heater) eg "Myson" off a wet central heating system.

I'd wondered about a radiator coming from the house system but a) it would
take time to warm up and b) (more significant) where would it be sited?
There's no wall space!

If the workshop is some way from the house and only has electricity then
what about a small microwave and some of those microwaveable bean-bag
handwarmers. At least he could then have a constant supply of warm
handwarmers in his pockets.

Oh come on, Owain! You don't really expect the Fishers to have a microwave
do you :-)))))

Mary