Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"Stanley" writes:
"N. Thornton" wrote in message snip

If its electric forget it, waste of money. Leccy costs about 3x what
gas does per unit.

I've always thought that. Recently I had a thought .... How much heat goes
out the flue on a gas heater?

Depends on the heater.
A modern condensing boiler is of the order ~90% efficient.
A 15 year old gas wall heater I have is 75% efficient,
and a non condensing boiler is going to be similar.
A decorative flame gas fire is nearer 20% efficient.

All the heat goes into the room with leccy ones.

Actually, over half the heat went up the power station
chinmey before the energy even got to you. Efficiency in
combustion power stations is somewhere around 30-35% for
older ones, and I'm not aware newer ones break the 50%
barrier.

--
Andrew Gabriel