G&M

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
I didn't get banned, but the local Homebase store manager refused to let
me in on a Sunday. That was for a similar reason, in this case they sold
me a lawnmower with parts missing. I took it back. The new one also had
parts missing so I took that back. Homebase Hitler refused to exchange
hte second one and then when I (politely) pointed out that he had no
option but to either offer a full refund or supply a lawnmower fit for
its purpose, pushed me back through the door and locked it.

I think threatening to get trading standards involved and a letter from your
solicitor to head office alleging assault might have got you it for free.