T i m

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 20:57:34 +0000, (Steve Firth)
wrote:

mogga wrote:

Ronnie from Wigan was overcharged a couple of times and complained. So
they banned him.

I didn't get banned, but the local Homebase store manager refused to let
me in on a Sunday. That was for a similar reason, in this case they sold
me a lawnmower with parts missing. I took it back. The new one also had
parts missing so I took that back. Homebase Hitler refused to exchange
hte second one and then when I (politely) pointed out that he had no
option but to either offer a full refund or supply a lawnmower fit for
its purpose, pushed me back through the door and locked it.

Got a replacement the next day and refused to shop there ever again. Not
that I'm missing out, Homebase seem to exist to vastly overcharge for
every item of stock.

I bought a little halogen telescopic desk light to illuminate a small
breeding tank for my daughters guppies (tropical fish).

After about 3 months of timed daily use it stopped working (o/c
transformer) and I noticed the plastic base was slightly heat
distorted.

I took it back, told them what I had been using it for and the girl
took it out to show the manager. She came back and said the manager
had said that it wasn't designed for that purpose ..

I said, "What, standing on a desk and producing light"?

She said "Not lighting a fish tank"

I said "Where does it say that on the instructions?"

She said, "and not to be on all day"

I said "Where does it say that on the instructions?"

She .. no real answer ..

"Ok" I said .. "give it back to me and I'll show it to Trading
Standards ... and it could have set fire to my house .. "

I got a new one ... and another (a different model) a month after that
... that one was fine for a year till we stopped using it ;-)

"This desk lamp can be used on a desk but do not shine the light on a
transparent lid on a fish tank AND don't leave it on more than 8 hours
a day ... "

Yeah right ... ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

Oh. I went back a few days later (on a Monday) and bought something
and requested my 10% off. They said there was no premotion running ..

I said "I think there is .. there's a 20' "10% off everything today"
banner out the front ..?

Them .. "Oh that was over the weekend .. that's finished?"

Me "There was no date on it and that's why I came in to buy this?"

The manager went out and took the sign down ... and gave me my 10%
;-)