N. Thornton

(Jake) wrote in message ...

That has been my approach for the past 13 years, but even after
painting the walls with waterproof damp-block paint, it's quite bad. I

theres another cause of damp walls. Victorian walls use the wall
surface to evaporate the water they wick up: sealing the walls
prevents this evaporation and so worsens damp. Classic mistake.

If it's a real problem for you I would suggest you contact an
independent Remedial Treatments Surveyor (if you can find one) and pay
the hundred pounds or so he'll charge you in survey fees. It'll
probably save you a fortune in the long run.

you can get good advice free if you follow the link.

NT