Doctor D

wrote in message ...
Doctor D wrote:

wrote in message

Doctor D wrote:
It seems as though I'm the only one here who would be terrified by

the
electricity bill when the kids or visiting in-laws left 300 watts of
lighting on all night repeatedly! I'd be fitting a timer or a motion
detector (!) :-)

300 watts, that's 7.2kW/day if left on continuously, about 50p/day.

Yep, or about £15.50 per month.

If left on 24 hours/day for the whole month, rather more than would
be likely in reality (and as I pointed out if you are on economy 7 it
would be considerably less).

Changing to Economy 7 just because my father in law can't remember to switch
off lights is a bit dramatic :-)

I'm paranoid about wasting electricity - it runs in the family, my father's
mad as well! I've found myself developing his habit of closing doors whilst
muttering "Were you born in a barn" at my kids. The hours just whizz by here
you know - I really must get out more.

---