On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 09:33:13 +0000, Tony Eva wrote:

wrote:

My bathroom is small - 1.8m x 2.2m. I've got 6 x 50w. And contrary to
the others who say it would be too bright, it's not. It's just right.

Wow. What colour are the floors, walls and fittings? I suppose a lot
depends on personal taste as well - you would appear to prefer your
bathroom well lit :-)

Ok, I have to admit there's a mix of black (granite actually) and
white, but I had the lights installed and running for some time with
just plain plastered walls and it was still ok. And now it's still
about 75% white. I do like bright lighting, but nobody has ever
complained or even commented on it being too bright.

I find it irritating that every light fitting you pick up says 60w
max, which is little brighter than a couple of candles. It makes me
wonder what these light fitting manufacturers think 100w bulbs are
for. So what happens to all the 100w bulbs you see on the shelves?
Probably bought by people like me who ignore the 60w max warning with
no ill effect.

Halogen uplighters appear to have taken a downturn as well. They all
used to be 500w. When I came to replace one a year or so ago all I
could find were 300w max ones. I tried one, and instead of the bright
white light I had before, it was a yellow. I examined the dimmer box
and it said 500w max. The construction hasn't changed. So I put a 500w
bulb in and it has been ok.

MJ