Tony Eva

John Rumm wrote:
... I have been in a small loo where
the only illumination was 2 50W mains halogen downlights, and the
lighting was actuially quite pleasent and even due to the ceiling being
10' high.

That's true, though 10' high ceilings are hardly the norm :-)

Another consideration when planning the lighting is that (in my
experience) it's better to angle the downlighters, perhaps onto the
adjacent wall, so that the lighting is more indirect than directly from
above. Again, in my bathroom, I placed one light above the basin and
the downward light is not especially flattering when looking in the mirror.

--
Tony