Stefek Zaba

Matthew J.E. Durkin wrote:
SNIP
broken machine ya de ya de rant etc
amateur taking machine apart making things worse....
SNIP
:O)

Much appreciated ;-)

By some miracle the machine is working. I figured if I left it be for 24
hours it would dry out (my kitchen is quite warm).
Fingers crossed it keeps working! It just completed a 'quick' cycle followed
by a normal cotton cycle - both bcak to normal

Super! You now have a judgment call to make: leave well alone, hoping
that the PCB will continue working fine (but running the risk that odd
deposits from the fabric conditioner will knacker sthg delicate over the
next month or six; a lowish risk, I'd guess, since fabric conditioner
isn't full of particularly corrosive/aggressive chemicals, AFAIK); or
run the risk of screwing sthg up while doing the "proper" rinse-n-dry
thing. Your choice!

One last thing - does the power button on the front isolate the machine? I
want ot cut power to the controller module when I'm not around just in
case...

I doubt it's the very first port of call for the incoming volts. If you
want to be sure of cutting power except when its in use, the switch by
the plug is your reliable friend (or FCU above worktop if that's the way
the socket's been set up in your kitchen).

Cheers, Stefek