Peter

"Matthew J.E. Durkin" wrote in message
"Peter" wrote in message

Last error is E51 - any idea what that is? It's not in the Instruction
Booklet.

E51 That is Triac which powers the motor is short-circuited (Triac
short-circuit cut-out activated on main pcb controller) Loss of

insulation
on main pcb. All cycles blocked with door closed after 5 attempts.

Peter

Are you a zanussi engineer?! Yea the door lock is activated. So assuming
this is the problem - is the controller PCB serviceable?
I could always pull it out and have a visual inspection. Clean off any of
the conditioner I think may have got in there and try again.
Perhaps more strange is that after I run the engineering mode, as soon as

power off then on, it starts some kind of wash cycle - motor running, pump
pumping etc but beeping every second - this seems contrary to a short on

the
motor triac? At this point it won't let me do anything. Once I power the
machine again it's back to the same state - door locked, wash cycle
selection working fine, but it refuses to start (or unlock the door).
I'll try and strip out the unit tomorrow night and have a look inside. Is
there any way I can test components with the board out of the machine and
not powered on?
Don't suppose you have a circuit diagram or know where i could get one. If
it's just a problem on the power drive side of the circuit, triacs are

quite
cheap. I might be able to service it...
Thanks again,
Matt

you can test each component in engineers mode which will flash an error
where it fails.

go into engineers mode as before by pressing start/pause and skip/reset
simultaneously turn on machine hold the two buttons down until buzzer
sounds. At this stage leds light in sequence now 1/ press the fabrics butto
n top led lights machine fills main wash compartment 2/ press fabrics fills
prewash 3/ press fabrics fills fabric conditioner 4/ press fabrics hot water
fill (if fitted) 5/press fabrics heating 6/ press temp motor drum 250rpm
tests motor 7/ press temp drain and spin max speed and test pressure
switches 8/ press temp test drying components

important To reset machine from engineers mode turn off then on then off
again

So i suggest you do this and see if it fails the motor test good luck

Peter