Matthew J.E. Durkin

"Peter" wrote in message

Last error is E51 - any idea what that is? It's not in the Instruction
Booklet.

E51 That is Triac which powers the motor is short-circuited (Triac
short-circuit cut-out activated on main pcb controller) Loss of insulation
on main pcb. All cycles blocked with door closed after 5 attempts.

Peter

Are you a zanussi engineer?! Yea the door lock is activated. So assuming
this is the problem - is the controller PCB serviceable?
I could always pull it out and have a visual inspection. Clean off any of
the conditioner I think may have got in there and try again.
Perhaps more strange is that after I run the engineering mode, as soon as I
power off then on, it starts some kind of wash cycle - motor running, pump
pumping etc but beeping every second - this seems contrary to a short on the
motor triac? At this point it won't let me do anything. Once I power the
machine again it's back to the same state - door locked, wash cycle
selection working fine, but it refuses to start (or unlock the door).
I'll try and strip out the unit tomorrow night and have a look inside. Is
there any way I can test components with the board out of the machine and
not powered on?
Don't suppose you have a circuit diagram or know where i could get one. If
it's just a problem on the power drive side of the circuit, triacs are quite
cheap. I might be able to service it...
Thanks again,
Matt