Matthew J.E. Durkin

"N. Thornton" wrote in message
om...
Colin Wilson wrote in message
et...
Any more advice much appreciated.

Check uk.legal - it doesn`t sound as if the goods are of durable quality
to me, and you may have a claim against the place you purchased it from !

I would expect so too, but there is the question of proof. People have
a habit of making scenarios up and sitting back to seee if you can
prove them wrong. From your story it would appear you might have no
evidence at all.

NT

Not sure what you mean by proof - I have had the engineer back twice under
warranty, already had the blower fan replaced (and 2 other parts at the same
time), and now it's not working. They would be welcome to inspect the
machine for excessive wear etc to find out if I've been runnnig a laundrette
from my kitchen!
But to be honest, it's probably too much hassle to even bother holding them
to the letter of the law (sufficient durability). It's difficult to say what
is sufficient durability. My parents had a machine that failed 3 times in 20
years (all those at least once/twice daily family washes when I was growing
up). Mine has failed 3 times in 18 months with just two of us using it - and
this is supposed to be their top model.
I need it fixed as I have to wash my clothes - so going down any kind of
legal route and living without a washing machine for 6 months whilst it gets
sorted isn't an option. What I will do is probably replace the pump myself
(or at least strip it down and see if it is serviceable, and never ever buy
Zanussi again. Ever!
My Bosch fridge is still working floorlessly - if it keeps it up, maybe I'll
stick to Bosch. My panasonic vacuum has spent 2 years sucking up bits of
plaster and rubble as I've decorated my house and without a complaint. I
wouldn't mind at all if it broke as it's been amazing. In comparison the
washing machine has had a very low use level and has broken 3 times.

Sorry - wasn't meant to be a rant, but I'm am displeased with Zanussi. I'm
sure you can understand the frustrating situation that this is!

Thanks,
Matt