J T

Sun, Nov 14, 2004, 1:16pm (EST+5)
(Andy=A0Dingley)
snip Circular saws will amputate a finger snip

I knew a guy (friend of my dad) who almost did himself in with a
circular saw. He was cutting something, and pinned the guard back.
And, then proceeded to cut the thick part of his thigh, down to the bone
- nicked it. And, he survived it - after about a 6 month recovery
period. I think he was going to rest it on his leg, forgetting the
blade was pinned back. If he hadn't screwed with it, he probably
wouldn't even have had a nick. Every once in awhile the government, or
whoever, gets things right. Unfortunately, too often, they screw it up
instead. But, whoever thought up that circular saw guard idea was doing
good that day.

This was the same guy who used a piece of cardboard to pattern a
shotgun. And, leaned it against his aluminum fishing boat. He wound up
patching a whole LOT of holes in that boat.

JOAT
Any plan is bad which is incapable of modification.
- Publilius Syrus