Doug Brown

well I did a quick google search and all the "top handle chainsaws" I found
seem to be one hand only - see
http://www.shindaiwa.com/products/chain_saws/ch357.html and
http://www.asktooltalk.com/home/gene...g/solo/633.htm for
examples.

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message
link.net...

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 01:30:05 GMT, Lobby Dosser
wrote:

I see the top-handle as offering better control.

Then that's not a top-handle chainsaw.

All (?) chainsaws have a top handle. Most have a rear handle too. A
"top handle" saw _only_ has a top handle. You use it one-handed and
you don't have the rear handle to give you an extra couple to try and
control any kickback.

Are you quite sure about that Andy? I looked at one on a web site and it
looked like a two handed saw, just that the right hand grabs a handle that
is on the top rear portion of the saw instead of the very rear of the saw.
All the same, it looks to be very much a two handed saw. It certainly

does
not look as easy to control as a standard configuration.
--

-Mike-