J T

Sun, Nov 14, 2004, 1:16pm (EST+5)
(Andy=A0Dingley)
snip A bandsaw is generally a pretty safe machine. snip

Yup, you'd think. But, so is one of those paper cutters, where you
have to use one hand to hold down the clamp, and the other to work the
lever, so it's plysically impossible to get your fingers near the blade
while it's being used. So, one of my clerks, in Germany, was trying to
impress the German secretary from upstairs (a cute female German). So
he offerred to cut the paper for her. And, proceeded to cut the tip of
one of his fingers off.

I'm not real sure how you'd define that little act. An idiot doing
something a genius couldn't pull off, maybe? Definitely no doubt about
the kid being an idiot tho. He was really amazed when he came back to
the office, stands behind me, and says, "Sarge?", kinda worried like.
And, I didn't even look around, just said, "You hurt yourself, didn't
you?". He just couldn't understand how I knew that. I just knew him.
My kids might hurt themselves, but at least they aren't idiots.

JOAT
Any plan is bad which is incapable of modification.
- Publilius Syrus