Jim Northey

It sounds kind of odd to me too. With the bandsaw or scrollsaw I've always
gone with the..... if you stop pushing it,it stops cutting your finger
off.... kind of thing. You would have to be trying to cut your finger off
with one of them . With that said ,anyone remember the link someone posted
here a few years ago with pictures of a guy who committed suicide on a
bandsaw?
Jim
"Charlie Self" wrote in message
SB asks:

I got an email from saying that a bandsaw may

be a
good choice for saws.
The main problem at the moment is..

My CDT (woodwork) teacher told the class that we couldn't use the bandsaw
because you had to be over 18 and have a licence. I highly think this was

so
that some idiots didn't "accidently" chop peoples fingers off. (You can
imagine it)

Please could you tell me if this is true or not..

I can't tell you if it's true about licensing and age for bandsaw use in

the
UK, but it sounds like complete BS. The bandsaw is slightly easier to use

than
the tablesaw, and a good deal less dangerous,