Lobby Dosser

otforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

SB asks:

I got an email from
saying that a bandsaw
may be a good choice for saws.
The main problem at the moment is..

My CDT (woodwork) teacher told the class that we couldn't use the
bandsaw because you had to be over 18 and have a licence. I highly
think this was so that some idiots didn't "accidently" chop peoples
fingers off. (You can imagine it)

Please could you tell me if this is true or not..

I can't tell you if it's true about licensing and age for bandsaw use
in the UK, but it sounds like complete BS. The bandsaw is slightly
easier to use than the tablesaw, and a good deal less dangerous, so if
the law exists, it's idiotic.

It may. I think you need special dispensation or something to use a
chainsaw now in the UK.

Charlie Self
"It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in
favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes
me forever ineligible for public office." H. L. Mencken