IMM

Default Will the chancellor cane house owners in the budget?

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

We are now seeing the results of "Thatcher's
children". She said "there is no such thing as
society" and promoted it in a big way, me, me, me.

Our resident Little Middle Englander comes in to defend the indefensible.
He enters the fray.....

I don't think that that was it,

It was.

but rather an encouragement to take
responsibility for one's own environment
and outcome rather than expecting the
state to do it.

NO. She encouraged Me, me, me, F**k you I'm all right.

Little Middle Englander continues...

There's a big difference between
taking responsibility for one's self and
family as opposed to being
selfish and having no consideration for others.

The wicked witch encouraged the latter. I know I was there, I saw it. I
was, amongst millions of others, totally disgusted at what was enfolding
before our very eyes.

As a guiding principle, one should be able to do what one likes
provided that it does not impinge on the equal right of others to do
what they like.

Millions of kids were brought up in that era
being indoctrinated with selfishness and
none sense of community, and it now shows.

The Little Middle Englander goes on.....

I don't think that there was indoctrination
about selfishness

Millions saw differently.

and certainly nothing
specific to the UK. My observation is that this
is a worldwide problem reflected by the media.

Not so. The UK is particularly bad.

Britain is filthy. Travel around western
Europe: France: Germany, Holland,
etc.

Little Middle Englander says...

I do. Extensively.

Britain is strewn with litter and fly tipping.

So are the other countries that you mention,

Nowhere near to the disgusting levels of the UK. Although in recent years,
since New Lab got on the job, it has got better.

Little Middle Englander says...

and in about the same
amount.

Millions do not share that view, as they too see the marked difference.

The only place where I have noticed a substantial
difference is in Monaco.

Travellers persecute
rural areas (and urban too) and when eventually
are moved on leave the place
strewn with filth that cost many 1000s to clear up.

That happens everywhere as well.

Not to the levels of the Thatcher inspired UK

How many kids dread their parents
being called to the school to
talk to the teacher, when they know
that the teacher could easily face
a head-butting from a crazed father?
British society is incredibly
confrontational.

Blame Thatcher.

Little Middle Englander exclaims.

For what?

The appalling bad attitude of the generation she influenced.

One can always level a charge sheet
against a former prime minister. Those
of Wilson and Callaghan hardly show them as
paragons of virtue.

Compared to the Wicked Witch Thatcher, theya reparagons of virtue.

New Lab is left with the mess and
is putting that right by legislation and
civil lessons at school. Great moves by
New Lab. Although root cause analysis
says it is even deeper and constitutional change can
only stop it at source.

The naivety of the Little Middle Englander abounds.....

Constitutional change has very little to do with it.

He is unable to identify the root cause .

There is a complete spectrum of
constitutional structures all over the western
world and they all have the societal difficulties
that we do.

Not to the levels of the UK.

Legislation is welcome, but only treating the
symptoms not the cause. Many blame the
latchkey kids as homes require two
parents to work to support the family.

That has been the case since the 50s.

And that may be so, but worse under the Wicked Witch. And yes the 1947 T&C
Planning act was in effect in the 1950s too.

Only 7% of homes have the mother at
home all day. Why?

Our Little Middle Englander retorts...

Because women also want to pursue a
career outside the home

Compared to the number of women about very few are career women, and the
vast majority want to be at home with the kiddies.

Our Little Middle Englander has strange views on society .....

and society doesn't hold staying at home
and bringing up kids in high esteem any longer.

They have no choice. Either live in a sink estate or both parent work and
the family suffers, and hence society at large.