Mike Mitchell

Default Will the chancellor cane house owners in the budget?

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 09:34:38 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

"Mike Mitchell" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 23:25:35 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

Blair does run the economy well and some excellent anti-social laws too.

Ask yourself, why do we need "anti-social"
laws? (I assume you mean legislation to
confront anti-social behaviour.)

That is it, and even more.

What is so wrong
particularly with *British* society that so many
citizens, not just the young, appear to
have absolutely no sense of right and wrong at
all?

We are now seeing the results of "Thatcher's children". She said there is
no such thing as society and promoted in a big way, me, me, me. Millions of
kids were brought up in that era being indoctrinated with selfishness and
non sense of community, and it now shows.

Britain is filthy. Travel around western Europe,: France: Germany, Holland,
etc. Britain is strewn with litter and fly tipping. Travellers persecute
rural areas (and urban too) and when eventually are moved on leave the place
strewn with filth that cost many 1000s to clear up.

How many kids dread their parents being called to the school to
talk to the teacher, when they know that the teacher could easily face
a head-butting from a crazed father? British society is incredibly
confrontational.

Blame Thatcher. New Lab is left with the mess and is putting that right by
legislation and civil lessons at school. Great moves by New Lab. Although
root cause analysis says it is even deeper and constitutional change can
only stop it at source. Legislation is welcome, but only treating the
symptoms not the cause. Many blame the latchkey kids as homes require two
parents to work to support the family. Only 7% of homes have the mother at
home all day. Why? Because we pay far too much in mortgages. Why?
Because we have an artificial land shortage ramping up land, and hence house
prices (2/3 of the value of the average house is the value of the land).
Get the land sorted out, get the house prices down to affordable levels, and
then only the Dad need go out to work to support the family, then more
stable children and families. All quite simple.

Yep! Works for me! But the Labour Government will do none of the
above, only promise to.

MM