Rob V

Its plywood that the grain goes the same direction in all the plys to allow
for bending.
I just used it on my latest project - see A.B.P.W - poker table.
I used it for the curved legs.

Stuff us really neat - you can take a full sheet and basically wrap it onto
itself.

"Ian Dodd" wrote in message
om...
I was flipping through the Nov. '04 issue of Fine Homebuilding today
(killing time and it was on a coffee table) and came across an article
about building cabinets with curved doors. Scanning through it, the
author/cabinetmaker said he made the doors out of 1/8" "bending
plywood" over a form and then veneered them.

Earlier in the day I had been rolling an idea over in my mind that
called for bent laminations and this article seemed to suggest a
possible material.

Has anybody ever heard of "bending plywood"? Is this a particular
product engineered with more flexibility for this purpose? If I go to
my plywood specialty dealer (and I do have one near home) and ask for
"bending plywood" will I get anything more than a blank stare?

Thanks for any insights.