Charlie Self

Bob Schmall responds:
Another is the insane amount of lighting auto
dealers use to light their lots after business hours. It may be required by
their insurance companies to protect millions of dollars of inventory, but
that's not the point here. The lights could easily be properly shielded and
directed to the ground, performing their intended function without waste.

Even then...on I77 south just as you exit Charleston, WV there's a Ford dealer
with incredibly bright lights on his/her inventory. It actually blinds you as
you come down the road, and is a true hazard on wet nights. I drove that road
off and on for 2-1/2 years and evidently there were no local complaints, so the
lights stayed as they are. I'd bet they are still that way. Dual pollution,
IMO, plus adding unnecessary danger to an already hazardous drive.

Charlie Self
"It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of
common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever
ineligible for public office." H. L. Mencken