Harry Mangalam

noOne wrote:

I can appreciate that it is low, but budgets aren't set by the
idealist. If I could buy the LT16HD that I want, I wouldn't exactly be
working in the constraints of a budget at all, just buying the tool I
want. The reason for the grizzly is that is the only other alternative
I have found for my price range. I don't plan on buying the Rikon off
the website. I'm hoping they carry it in store at this point.
Obviously this situation isn't ideal, but I gotta play the cards I'm
dealt.

Amazon has a good collection of reviews of the Grizzly G055 (including
mine)."

Dunno about the Rikon, but the upshot is that for the price, you can't beat
the Grizzly. I do have some further quibbles (the lower blade guide
(supposedly sealed) bearings filled up with dust and had to be replaced
already. However they are they are cheap and the same size as rollerblade
bearings, so I have a large stock of them from that source.
Be happy to answer further questions about the Grizzly if you have them.

Harry