Big Al - The Peoples Pal

Default 2nd opinion on plumbing into drains

Ed Sirett wrote in message
news
On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 18:42:59 +0000, Big Al - The Peoples Pal wrote:

snip
Cheers for the information (both of you), I have not knocked any holes

in
the walls as yet, so I can change my mind with regard to the routing of

the
waste pipes.

Guess I'll have to ask a few more questions and do a search into moving

foul drain by about 8 to 12 feet, to see if I want hassle now, or hassle
later. I'll probably not have that plumber back though.

Most washing machines seem to be able to pump out through two or even
three length of w/m outlet hose.
Depending on the layout and what youare preapred to have in terms of
exterior or interior pipewor, you could be able to fix this problem
without recourse to digging anything up.

Its okay, I have already installed the hot and cold water pipes 18" down
(with protective 40mm waste pipe sleeving) and have now decided to put the
waste in the same already open trench . This will enable the current
kitchen foul drain to be used with a bit of jiggery pokery to the cement.

SWMBO has big plans for extending the kitchen into that area, which would
entail moving the foul drain. I have weighed up the possiblities and
decided on the hassle later option (banking on it never happening) is the
one for me.

--
Big Al - The Peoples Pal