On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 15:16:07 GMT, someone wrote:

Pre-fab meaning you go to a dealer who sells sheds (like Walpole
Woodworkers) and it comes to your house in a few large pieces and they put

Different terminology customs, and/or ambiguous terminology. Here's
my terminology on sheds in descending order.

Prefab - arrives fabricated, i.e. complete

Modular - arrives in pieces that enclose a volume, and get fastened
together - not common on something as small as a shed. Think modular
house.

Panelized - arrives as large flat panels that you put together.

Pre-cut - arrives as bundles of individual smaller pieces that you
assemble into panels and then a volume.

Plans - you buy a set of documents and a list of materials in standard
sizes, you do all the custom cuts yourself.

From Scratch or DIY - you draw it, make up your list of materials, buy
'em, cut 'em, put 'em together.

I used to be a designer in the panelized business for large buildings.
I don't need to "try and" design a shed to see if I can. If you are in
some other line of work and want a hobby challenge, go far down the
list. Otherwise just buy one pre-fab. I have a 12 x 20 that they
brought over on a trailer.

I also had them do the site prep - that is a whole 'nother phase.

-v.