Mark Jerde

Dave Mundt wrote:

I picked up a spring-loaded chain (looks kind of like a
small tape measure) that clips to one's belt/waistband, to hold
keys handily. I mounted it inside the belt housing on my press
with an "L" bracket, and, after pulling the chain through a
hole drilled in the bottom of the housing, hooked the chuck key
to it. Now..It is hanging handily out of the way, and, having the
chain attached to it makes it unlikely that it will get left
in the chuck by accident. The spring-loading, while strong enough
to retract the chuck if I let go of it, does not make it a
struggle to use the chuck.

My DP has the same thing and it works great. But it's not my idea -- it
came that way. I got my Jet from a woodworker who got married and developed
other hobbies. ;-)

-- Mark